Skill Focused Technology
While the use of technology in education can seem innovative, trendy or motivating; teachers must constantly think about the PURPOSE for its use. Does the use of technology support the learning goals of the curriculum?
Resources for the Integration of Technology in Instruction
- Integrating Technology in Classroom - Carr's Favorites!
- Instructional Technology - Six Ways to Integrate Technology
Great ideas for integrating technology in instruction - Don't miss it!
- Internet Safety Resources - great set of links for parents!
- INTIME - Integrating New Technologies into the Methods of Education - Lots of ideas and videos of integrated technology lessons
- EMAT621 - Technology Sample Student Product Resources
- Resources for Wikis
General Instructional Technology Resources
- Eduscapes - Annette Lamb and Larry Johnson have designed this website to share a love of learning with others. As authors and educators, they work with teachers, parents, and children around the world to effectively integrate technology into teaching and learning environments.
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) - nonprofit organization working to integrate technology in the classroom.
- Innovation Odyssey - A World Tour of Innovative Uses of Technology
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - a compiled set of resources about computing and technology.
- Research about Teaching and Technology from PBS. http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/teachtech/research.shtm
Includes recent educational technology research organized by categories.
- Sample Elementary Technology Lessons Kings Park Computer Lab
- Strategies and Applications for the One Computer Classroom
- Tech Learning - software reviews, online course registration, discussion groups, and more.
- Technology and Learning Online - software reviews, online course registration, discussion groups, and more.
- Technology and Young Children - project of NAEYC's Technology Caucus. Fosters discussions and shares research regarding uses of technology to benefit children.
- Technology Integration: Unit Planning - Describes steps in planning a learning unit using technology.
- The WebQuest Page - This site serves as a resource to those who are using the WebQuest model to teach with the web. Find out about the work of Bernie Dodge.
- Web Sites for K-2 Students
All About Me Scavenger Hunt
Clifford Interactive Stories
- EMAT621 - Integrating Technology Articles
Technology Learning Connections
Tech Writing K-5
Tech Literature Analysis 3-5
PDF file - Six Ways that Technology Supports Learning
PDF file - Instructional Technology Foldable
Resources for Technology for School Leaders
- Tech Leaders Blog Site - web page for blogging about leadership issues related to technology.
SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY PLAN
- Guidebook for Developing an Effective Instructional Technology Plan - Excellent tool for technology planning designed by graduate students at Mississippi State University.
- EDTECH - An online resource and discussion site about educational technology sponsored by Humanities and Social Sciences Online.
- http://www.learningpt.org/pdfs/tech/guide.pdf North Central Regional Educational Laboratory's technology planner's handbook.
- National Technology Plan - National Education Technology Plan for the United States Department of Education
- State of Georgia's technology plan http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/DMGetDocument.aspx/2007-2012%20Georgia%20State%20Technology%20Plan.pdf
- National Education Technology Standards - NETS site with standards for students, teachers and administrators.
- Software Purchasing Prices
Academic Software - http://www.academicsuperstore.com
Nothing But Software - http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com
C-Net Shopper - http://shopper-search.cnet.com
WEB SITE EVALUATION
- Evaluating Web Sites - Kathy Schrock's web page about the evaluation of Internet resources
- CyberGuides - Web site content and design evaluation forms
- Web Site Evaluation Criteria - Has examples of the good, the bad and the ugly web sites.
SCHOOL DATA ANALYSIS
- Georgia Report Card - Georgia school leaders can use this site to gather data about their school's student achievement.
- School Matters - A place to research school data about any public school in the nation!
FRONT PAGE TUTORIAL
- Web by Design - Front Page web page development tutorial
- National Staff Development Council
NSDC Professional Learning Standards
GENERAL LEADERSHIP RESOURCES
- Educational Leadership Toolkit A collection of tips and pointers, articles, case studies and other resources for education leaders addressing issues around technology and education.
- International Society for Technology in Education - Don't miss the ISTE site with tons of resources for school leaders.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Educational Leadership Constituent Council, National Policy Board for School Administration.
TECHNOLOGY FOR SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS
- Special Needs and Technology - Eduscapes site with a variety of links related to assistive technology to support special needs students.
- Education World's Assistive Technology Resources
- Bablefish Language Translations
FILES for EDEL685
Inspiration file - Technology and leadership graphic organizer